Thursday, August 17, 2017

"Special counsel's Russia probe loses top FBI investigator"

Via Drudge: One of the FBI's top investigators, tapped by special counsel Robert Mueller just weeks ago to help lead the probe of Russian meddling in last year's presidential election, has left Mueller’s team, sources tell ABC News.

The recent departure of FBI veteran Peter Strzok is the first known hitch in a secretive probe that by all public accounts is charging full-steam ahead. Just last week, news surfaced that Mueller's team had executed a search warrant at the Virginia home of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort. And the week before that ABC News confirmed Mueller is now using a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., to collect documents and other evidence.

It's unclear why Strzok stepped away from Mueller's team of nearly two dozen lawyers, investigators and administrative staff. Strzok, who has spent much of his law enforcement career working counterintelligence cases and has been unanimously praised by government officials who spoke with ABC News, is now working for the FBI's human resources division.

7 comments:

edutcher said...

It's the old pros in outfits like the FBI than get fed up who can do the most damage to the witch hunt.

AllenS said...

Nick, what's your batting average here?

ndspinelli said...

I'm just an average hitter, Allen. But, I can hit to all fields, move runners, help the team in many ways. I constantly give pats on the back to teammates. And, I call out dog asses when needed.

edutcher said...

All well and good, but I don't lie and I do cite my sources.

Somebody's just mad because I tell the truth.

edutcher said...

PS and FWIW Looks like "Henry Gibson" may be vindicated, after all.

Even NPR is telling the faithful Mueller may not be the savior the Left is hoping for.

PPS If Lem or Chip or Allen or Amartel makes the first comment, is the blog a loser?

ndspinelli said...

Allen, See what I mean..a self centered, know-it-all "I tell the truth" teller. He's killing this blog w/ unrelenting, predictable, staleness.

edutcher said...

I cite my sources.

And I've always been willing to add things like YMMV and if wrong, I will happily stand corrected.

As for "unrelenting, predictable"...