Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I rarely go to the movies...

...but Troop's earlier post that included the word "Rocinante" got me to thinking about a movie I saw last year. Rocinante was Don Quixote's horse and, like a lot of us, he was a hard worker who kept on keeping on. Back in June I went to a nearby film festival and saw a movie entitled "Donkeyote". It too, was a simple tale of a man and his quadruped sidekicks who go on a journey that might be described by an outsider as being quixotic. It was very entertaining and not even a bit topical nor political - just a nice story with a couple of laughs, it has a donkey, a dog, a man, his wife and very few other humans. What could be better, right? Well, I enjoyed it.



Springtime in my backyard.

I will resist the urge to cut and paste any music from Man of La Mancha, that is too clichéd even for me. Rather I shall attach some music from here in the Flatt lands. It kind of relates to one crucial scene in the movie.





3 comments:

ricpic said...

Who Gives A

Tilting at windmills
Or taking a walk
You can't avoid the folks.

Toujours gai, Archy,
Toujours gai and get lost
You crazy jamokes.

edutcher said...

better Springtime in my backyard than Springtime for Hitler.

And where in the world is Camino de Santiago?

(been a rough week so far)

The Dude said...

Spain. I walk with a woman who walked the entire 500 miles of it a couple of years ago. She is serious about her walking. Muy seriouso. In fact, last year she set a goal of walking 2017 miles in 2017. She made it with days and miles to spare. That works out to an average of a bit over 5-1/2 miles a day. I didn't even make it half that far.